JOGJA / Yogyakarta Travel Guide + Attractions Map
- 7 Jun 2016
- 252 751
- 1 281
Yogyakarta Vacation Travel Guide. Map of this trip goo.gl/ahFhTR
JOGJA / Yogyakarta, Indonesia timecode:
00:20 Prambanan temple / Rara Jonggrang
00:37 Malioboro Street
00:51 Jl. Tentara Pelajar
01:00 Public Transport / Bus Stop
01:22 Hotel Neo Malioboro
01:32 Mount Merapi
01:36 Borobudur temple / Barabudur
01:41 Batik Production
Subscribe here: idreporter.net/block-UC1i2zSGTGGnLsPeprOK1Imw
WHOLE PLAYLIST my Vacation Travel Guide idreporter.net/id-PLQQYHODrU8JA03EbEDtntwhMu6eR1zzAJ
Description of Yogyakarta:
The city of Yogyakarta (simply called Jogja) is known as Neverending Asia for its endless attractions and appeal. It is renowned as a center of education (Kota Pelajar), classical Javanese fine art and culture such as batik, ballet, drama, music, poetry, and puppet shows. Yogyakarta was the Indonesian capital during the Indonesian National Revolution from 1945 to 1949.
A unique combination of ancient temples within its proximity, such as the world famous Borobudur and Prambanan temples, its history, traditions, unique Javanese culture and natural forces make Yogyakarta a very worthwhile place to visit in Indonesia.
Five Cool Facts About Yogyakarta:
1. YOGYA means «suitable, fit, proper», and KARTA, «prosperous, flourishing» (i.e., «a city that is fit to prosper»).
2. Candi Prambanan (temple) or also known as Candi Rara Jonggrang, is a well known ancient Hindu Temple in Indonesia. It is built during the 9th century for Trimurti as an expression that God is the Creator (Brahma), Preserver (Vishnu) and also the Destroyer (Shiva). It is one of the Indonesia UNESCO World Heritage Site, being one of the largest Hindu temple architecture in Southeast Asia.
3. 9th-century Borobudur temple is an Indonesia UNESCO Heritage site and one of the largest Buddhist temple in the world. It was built in three tiers: a pyramidal base with five concentric square terraces. Around the circular platforms are 72 openwork stupas, each containing a statue of the Buddha.
4. Yogyakarta is the only major city, which still has traditional 'Becak' (rickshaw-style) transport.
5. Yogyakarta has more than just culture though. It is a very lively city and a shopper's delight. The main road, Malioboro Street, is always crowded and famous for its night street food-culture and street vendors. Many tourist shops and hotels are concentrated along this street.
Thanks for watching!
Make sure to follow me on:
◒ Facebook: facebook.com/MarinaWanderlust/
◐ Twitter: twitter.com/Marina_Wander
◓ Instagram: instagram.com/marinawander/
◑ IDreporter: idreporter.net/block-UC1i2zSGTGGnLsPeprOK1Imw
INSPIRATION FOR TRAVELLING / MARINA WANDERLUST
Film by Marina Wanderlust using the Sony Xperia Z5 premium and Sony Xperia Z3 compact.
Edited by Marina Wanderlust using Adobe Premiere Pro.
Vexento - Tears of Love | idreporter.net/v/video-hIR4-6FL3Mk.html | music by Vexento
The Wedding Vow
Ditonton 2 963 372
Ditonton 610 175
KBS World TV
Samuel and Audrey - Travel and Food Videos
Martin Johnson - Off Grid Living
JASON BILLAM TRAVEL
Chasing a Plate - Thomas & Sheena
Max & Kim
Life to go
Volpe Where Are You
Ditonton 1 477 187
Ditonton 628 678
Ditonton 308 168
Ditonton 710 523
Ditonton 235 126
Ditonton 288 332
Ditonton 1 125 536
Ditonton 2 234 695
Ditonton 14 250 701
Ditonton 614 051